112 – The Finalish Trading Story Podcast
14 Apr, 2016 / By: Brandon Clay
Wrapping up one year of podcasting about trading…and looking forward to the next chapter.
- Thanks for joining me.
- Big announcement: This is the Finalish episode of the Trading Story podcast.
- This is an ad lib episode with minimal notes.
- This is a looking back & looking ahead podcast.
- Launched the first 3 episodes of Trading Story podcast on 4/17/2015.
- My goal: was for this to be the most inspiring and practical trading podcast out there for newer traders.
- Helped in part by John Lee Dumas’ Podcaster’s Paradise & The Showrunner Podcast.
- Released either 2 or 3 episodes every week for the past 51 weeks – this is the 52nd
- My “success” goal for the podcast was to get to episode 100 as fast as reasonably possible and to also to become one of the top 5 trading podcasts in iTunes.
- I also wanted to write a personal podcast every week – something that hasn’t happened for
about 1 month. But I made it for about 11 of the past 12 months.
Achievements in One Year of the Podcast
- 112 episodes aimed to help newer and aspiring traders.
- 175,906+ downloads.
- 32,902+ visits to TradingStory.com.
- Downloads from 162 countries.
- Achieved a consistent ranking in the Top 100 Investing podcasts in iTunes (US-version).
- Achieved a Top-10 ranking for ‘trading’ search in iTunes.
- 110 5-star ratings on iTunes, 3 4-star ratings, 1, 2-star ratings in iTunes.
- 96 customer reviews in iTunes.
- Weekly syndication on Tradimo.com – thanks to Peter Balint & Sebastian Kuhnert.
All of this is possible because the awesome guests and the awesome listeners.
- Guests who believed in this project.
- Guests who didn’t believe in this project but just wanted to chat with some traders.
- Audience members to Tweeted to me and emailed me.
- Audience members who asked me questions.
- Audience members who left ratings, reviews, and comments on the site.
- Audience members who encouraged me – I appreciate all of you guys.
- Thank you for downloading the podcast.
This is the Final(ish) episode of the podcast.
- My One Thing is trading right now – see episode 106.
- The podcast was good for me – as hopefully it was for you.
- Opportunity to chat with awesome guests to understand how they became successful.
- Opportunity to think through my learning process and tell you how I’m learning to trade.
- Opportunity to interact with many traders: both developing traders and experienced traders.
- Opportunity to break into a new industry where I had not found success before.
- Opportunity to meet my two trading coaches: Mike Gould & Scott Barkley.
- Planning to keep the podcast live on iTunes and TradingStory.com.
- Planning to keep posting my personal trading results from my $500 live account.
- Planning to ‘go dark’ in my trading: some people do well with a lot of interaction with people when they’re learning. I am finding that I do better with more alone time in my learning. So my interaction with others will be minimized in this learning process.
- My goal is to chase that one rabbit at a time. For now: trading.
- Since I started back trading one setup and one currency: I’ve made 250.1 pips this month – about 2 weeks into the month. No losers. This is the best two weeks I’ve had since January and it’s real money. Now I’m still in a hole ($70) and I know my losers are around the corner, but it’s been an encouraging couple of weeks. I think the power of focus has something to do with that success.
- I say ‘Finalish’ episode because I want to leave a crack in the door open to return. I’m not planning on it now, but it is possible that I update you guys in the future about my trading journey.
Again, thank you guys for joining me on the first part of my restarted trading journey. It’s been great interacting with you all. I hope that this podcast was helpful in one small way to get you on the way to consistent profitability in the markets. And if not, then hopefully you’ll find another resource that can help you out. Thank you again for tuning in.
I wish you all well.
Closing Remarks: Mark 8:36
And I leave you with this. It may seem out of place, but it does have a place. Many of you guys who’ve listened to this podcast for a while know I’m a Christian. And I’m also an aspiring trader, something that others may have an issue with, but I’ve found peace with those two convictions and aspirations.
My hope is to be able to be a successful trader…but I think something Jesus said can help inform mine and your trading journey just a little more as we consider the path we’re on.
“For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?” (Mark 8:36)
- No matter how well you trade, it will be over one day.
- No matter if you become the next Paul Tudor Jones or George Soros, it will end.
- Maybe you want the fancy cars, fast women, and rock star lifestyle of a trader…it’s a fleeting existence.
- Or perhaps you just want a comfortable life…that too will be over.
Christ’s rhetorical question to us today is a game-changer. Even if we gain the whole world through the “Holy Grail of Trading” – if we lose our soul – we lose everything. Because our soul is the most important aspect of our being. Trading is temporary. Success is transitory. Money is momentary.
But Your soul…my soul is eternal.
It has been a pleasure and I wish you all well.
Until next time, all the best!
Tradimo is our content partner for this episode. Tradimo has a great trading news feed, an active trading forum, trading tutorials, broker information and more – for FREE. For more info, check out Tradimo.com.